- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar to sprinkle on top
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Stir together blueberries, 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil. Stir in lemon peel. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- COMBINE flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in medium mixing bowl. Add melted shortening, milk and vanilla. Stir until evenly moistened and soft dough forms. Drop in 9 scoops on top of hot blueberries. Sprinkle tops with additional sugar.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until cobbler is lightly golden brown. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 56g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 29g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.