Blueberry Dumpling Dessert
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 35 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- Cream, ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
- COMBINE blueberries, water, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes.
- COMBINE flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon peel in medium bowl. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until flour is moistened. Drop 6 heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into simmering blueberry mixture. Cover pan tightly. Simmer 15 minutes without lifting cover.
- SPOON dumplings into 6 individual serving dishes. Spoon hot fruit over dumpling. Serve with cream, whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 33g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.