Blueberry Sugar Cakes
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 35 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups Homemade Crisco® Quick Bread Mix
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1 tbsp., divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup fresh or dry-pack frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray 18 medium-size muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE Homemade Crisco Quick Bread Mix and 1/2 cup sugar in large bowl. Beat eggs and milk together with a fork. Add to Quick Bread mixture. Stir just until moistened. Rinse and drain blueberries; gently fold into batter.
- FiLL muffin cups with batter. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 12 cakes), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.