Bold Two-Tone Layer Cake
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 packets Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Bold Colored Cupcake & Cake Mix, (select two different colors)
- 1 1/3 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 4 large egg whites, divided
- 2 containers Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Classic White Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray; dust with flour. Prepare each cake mix separately according to package directions using 2/3 cup water, 1/4 cup oil and 2 egg whites for each. Spoon 1/4 cup of one color batter into each prepared pan. Spoon 1/4 cup of other color batter into each pan without spreading batters. Repeat until all batter is added to pans, alternating placement of colors. Cut through batters with knife to lightly swirl.
- BAKE 34 to 38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Level tops of cakes using a long serrated knife.
- STACK cake layers on cake plate, spreading 1/2 cup frosting between layers. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 4.5g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 500mg, Total Carbohydrate 88g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 68g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.