Braised Chicken Thighs with Chorizo
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs with skin (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup diced smoked Spanish chorizo sausage
- 1 teaspoon crushed red ancho chile
- 1 (19 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf fresh parsley
- COMBINE flour, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet, skin side down. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet. Reduce heat to low. Add onion to pan drippings; saute 2 minutes. Add red pepper and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, chorizo, chiles and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Return chicken to skillet.
- COVER skillet with tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes. Add beans to skillet. Cook, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Stir in parsley just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.