Bran Cereal Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bran flakes cereal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Stir into shortening mixture. Fold in cereal and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.