Brown Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT together shortening, butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls or use small cookie scoop. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack after 1 minute.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.