Brownie Ganache Torte
- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup almond toffee bits
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Folgers® French Roast Coffee, strongly brewed
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted*
- Unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
- SPRAY bottom only of 10-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray. Mix graham cracker crumbs, toffee bits, brown sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter in medium bowl with fork until crumbs are coated. Press in bottom of buttered pan.
- HEAT heavy cream in 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat until hot. Stir in coffee. With wire whisk, stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Remove from heat. Place 1/4 cup chocolate mixture in small microwave-safe bowl; set aside for drizzle. Pour and carefully spread remaining chocolate mixture over crust. Freeze 20 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Mix brownie mix, 6 tablespoons melted butter and water in large bowl; beat 50 strokes with spoon (mixture will be thick). In small bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed 1 to 2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Add to brownie mixture; beat with electric mixer on low speed just until blended, about 30 seconds (batter will appear lumpy).
- REMOVE crust from freezer. Spread batter over chocolate layer. Sprinkle almonds evenly over top.
- BAKE 45 to 60 minutes or until center is puffed and set and edges are firm (middle will be soft). DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool on wire rack 2 hours.
- RUN knife around side of pan; remove side. Microwave reserved chocolate mixture on HIGH (100% power) 10 to 15 seconds until desired drizzling consistency; drizzle over torte. To serve at room temperature, cool an additional hour. Or refrigerate until serving time. Top individual servings with unsweetened whipped cream, if desired.
- TIP To toast chopped almonds, spread on cookie sheet; bake at 325°F. for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring once, until light golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of torte), Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 29g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.