Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (1 3/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 (12 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/3 cup cayenne hot pepper sauce, plus additional for garnish
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut crosswise into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package directions, just until tender. Drain.
- HEAT olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, onion and garlic; cook 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour until completely blended. Stir in evaporated milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in ranch dressing, hot sauce and chicken. Remove from heat.
- COMBINE cooked macaroni and chicken mixture in large bowl, stirring until blended. Spread in prepared baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes.
- MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; saute 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Sprinkle evenly over casserole. Top evenly with blue cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 640 (Calories from Fat 350), Total Fat 40g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 1340mg, Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 7g), Protein 28g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 40%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.