Butter Pecan Biscotti
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- BLEND cake mix, eggs, butter, water and almond extract in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until evenly moistened. Stir in pecans. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Coat two baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough in half on lightly floured surface. Shape each half into a 14 x 1 1/2-inch loaf. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and slightly firm. Cool 5 minutes. With sharp serrated knife, cut loaves diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices. Place cut side down on same baking sheets.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes longer or until lightly browned, turning halfway through baking time. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
- PLACE baking chips in 1-quart heavy duty resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 seconds or until melted and smooth when kneaded. Cut off small bottom corner of bag. Drizzle lightly over biscotti. Let stand 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 biscotti of 24), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.