Butter Pecan Crisps
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Sugar Free Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cake mix and shortening in a medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until coarse crumbs form. Add water, egg and 2/3 cup pecans, mixing on low until dough forms.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with no-stick cooking spray. Flatten dough to 2-inches in diameter, coating glass as needed.
- COMBINE finely chopped pecans and sugar, if desired. Brush tops of cookies with beaten egg white. Sprinkle lightly with pecan mixture.
- BAKE 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.