Buttermilk Lemon Pie
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large egg whites
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Flute edges. Set aside.
- BEAT egg yolks, lemon peel and lemon juice in medium bowl. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and flour. Add to egg yolk mixture and beat until blended. Beat in butter and buttermilk.
- BEAT egg whites until frothy. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Fold into buttermilk mixture. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350ºF; bake an additional 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in filling halfway between center and edge. Cool thoroughly on a rack before cutting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 125mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.