Butterscotch Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until just blended. Beat in hot water. Stir in, one at a time, oats, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and nuts.
- DROP by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Make crisscross pattern on dough with floured fork.
- BAKE 10 to 11 minutes, or until set (cookies will look moist). Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.