Buttery Bread Dough
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 to 115ºF)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110 to 115ºF)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, softened
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, divided
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water; let stand 5 minutes
- BEAT milk, sugar, salt, shortening and eggs in medium bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture. Add 2 1/2 cups flour; beat well.
- TURN dough out onto a well-floured board; knead about 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic, adding only enough flour to make dough easy to handle. Shape dough into ball.
- SPRAY a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray; place dough in prepared bowl, turning to coat. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Punch down dough. Shape as desired.
- COAT a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray. Roll dough to a rectangle about 1/4-inch thick and about 5 inches wide. Roll tightly along 5 inch side. Pinch seam and tuck sides under, again pinching seam. Place in prepared pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until light golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 15mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.