Buttery Crust Pecan Pie
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 10-12 servings
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 tablespoons ice cold water
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 12 pecan halves
- COMBINE flour, powdered sugar, finely chopped pecans and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cut in shortening using pastry blender (or 2 knives) until flour is blended in to form pea-size chunks.
- SPRINKLE mixture with water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough forms a ball.
- PRESS between hands to form 5- to 6-inch disc. Roll and press crust into 9-inch pie plate. Do not flute. Do not bake.
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT eggs until frothy. Add corn syrup, 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla extract and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- BEAT until blended. Stir in melted butter and chopped nuts. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- DIP 6 nut halves in filling to coat. Arrange in center of pie to resemble flower. Press 6 scallops into crust edge using back of tablespoon.
- PLACE 1 nut half in each indentation. Press lightly. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- BAKE 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until pie is almost set in center when shaken gently. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of pie), Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 27g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.