Candy Cane Cookies
Kids of all ages will love the twists of minty red and white cookie in our delicious tribute to the classic candy cane.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 230 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, plus 4 tablespoons, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- COMBINE sugar and shortening; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; beat until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended.
- DIVIDE dough in half. Add red food coloring and peppermint extract to one half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- ROLL 1 rounded teaspoonful of plain dough into a 6-inch rope on a lightly floured surface. Repeat, using 1 teaspoonful red dough. Place ropes side by side; twist together gently. Pinch ends to seal. Curve one end into the "hook" of a candy cane.
- TRANSFER to ungreased baking sheet with large spatula. Repeat with remaining dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes, or until just lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.