Candy-Topped Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 50 min
- Yield: 15 inch cookie pizza
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- Gummy bears, small pieces of gumdrops, mini chocolate chips, candy coated chocolate pieces, chopped peanuts, flaked coconut, candied cherries, slivered almonds, miniature marshmallows, candy corn, cashews, raisins
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COMBINE 1 cup shortening, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar in bowl of electric mixer; beat at low speed until well blended.
- ADD peanut butter, eggs, baking soda, vanilla and salt. Mix about 2 minutes or until well blended. Stir in flour and oats with spoon. Place remaining 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl.
- SHAPE dough into a flattened disc. Sprinkle all sides with sugar. Place disc on 15-inch pizza pan; press out to fill pan, creating a "crust" on the edge.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes (do not overbake). Cool 5 to 8 minutes on baking sheet.
- COMBINE chocolate chips and 1/4 cup shortening in microwave-safe measuring cup; microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 2 to 3 minutes or until chips are shiny and soft (or melt on rangetop in small saucepan on very low heat). Stir until smooth.
- SPOON melted chocolate into center of cookie. Spread to inside edge. Sprinkle desired toppings over chocolate.
- TOP "pizza" as desired with any of the listed toppings.
- PLACE white chocolate chips in heavy resealable plastic bag. Seal. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power). Knead bag after 1 minute. Repeat until smooth (or melt by placing in bowl of hot water). Cut pinpoint hole in corner of bag. Squeeze out and drizzle over cookie.
- CUT into wedges to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/48 of recipe), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 90mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.