- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Chocolate curls, miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips and/or chopped salted pistachios
- PREPARE cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and egg whites to make 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.
- BEAT cream in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in frosting, ricotta cheese and almond extract until blended.
- REMOVE cupcakes from paper baking cups. Cut cupcakes horizontally into 2 layers using a serrated knife. Spread or pipe bottom halves of cupcakes evenly with half of ricotta mixture. Replace cupcake tops. Spread or pipe remaining ricotta mixture onto tops of cupcakes. Garnish as desired with chocolate and pistachios.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 cupcakes), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 17g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.