Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 360 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Caramel Apple Flavored Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
FILLING AND TOPPING
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Caramel Apple Flavored Frosting, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup original-style sweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 2 to 3 thin slices unpeeled red apple (optional)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat a 10-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR cookie mix, butter and egg in large bowl until soft dough forms. Remove 3/4 cup dough; set aside. Press remaining cookie dough onto bottom and 1/2-inch up sides of prepared springform pan to form a crust. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Roll reserved dough into 24 (1/2-inch) balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly using floured bottom of glass. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 325°F. Beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup frosting, sugar and flour in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in applesauce. Beat in eggs just until blended. Pour into springform pan over cool or slightly warm crust. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until filling is almost set in center. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- REMOVE cheesecake from pan and place on serving platter. Place 1/4 cup frosting in small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; reserve for later use. Microwave remaining frosting in container on HIGH 10 seconds; stir until smooth. Spread warm frosting onto flat side of 14 to 16 cookies. Press cookies onto sides of cheesecake, frosting side toward cheesecake, to form an outside crust. Coarsely crush remaining 8 to 10 cookies; sprinkle around top outside edge of cheesecake. Microwave reserved frosting in plastic bag on HIGH 10 seconds to soften. Knead. Cut an extremely small corner off bottom of bag. Drizzle evenly over top of cheesecake. Garnish with apple slices, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 660 (Calories from Fat 340), Total Fat 37g (Saturated Fat 18g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 145mg, Sodium 570mg, Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 53g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.