Caramel Apple Oat Squares
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (21 oz.) can apple pie filling
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remainder on bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes.
- ADD nuts to reserved crumb mixture. Melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Spoon apple filling over partially baked crust. Top with caramel mixture, then reserved crumb mixture.
- BAKE 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool. Serve warm with ice cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 square of 8), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 47g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.