Caramel Monkey Bread
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury® Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- 3 tablespoons Hungry Jack® Butter Flavored Syrup
- PREPARE hot roll mix according to package directions using the hot water, softened butter and egg. Proceed through step 3. Allow dough to rest 5 minutes. Coat 12-cup fluted cake pan with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle nuts in bottom of prepared pan.
- MIX sugar and cinnamon in shallow dish. Cut dough with sharp knife to make about 48, 1-inch balls. Roll in melted butter, then cinnamon-sugar mixture. Layer in pan on top of nuts. Combine caramel topping and syrup. Pour evenly over top of dough.
- COVER loosely with plastic wrap and towel. Let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Remove cover.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving plate. Let rest 5 minutes. Remove pan. Serve warm.
- TIP To make ahead: Prepare as directed through step 2. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let rise at room temperature 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until doubled in size. Bake as directed in step 4.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 31g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.