Caramel Peanut Bars
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen bars
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter plus 2 tbsps., divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 ounces caramels, unwrapped (about 22 caramels)
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 (1 oz.) squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 3/4 cup butter and vanilla in large bowl; blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press on bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- COOK and stir caramels, sweetened condensed milk and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Once caramels are melted, stir in remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar and peanuts. Spread over crust.
- MELT chocolate with butter in small saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Immediately drizzle glaze over bars. Cool. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/24 of recipe), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 120mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.