Caramel Pecan Turtle Cookies
Pecan lovers will snap up our Caramel Pecan Turtles! They look straight out of the candy case with all the delicious flavors of a candy turtle in a delectable cookie!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 28 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- BEAT shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add milk. Beat in eggs one at a time; add vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture. Chill 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- ROLL out 1/3 of dough at a time to about 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- CUT with 2 1/4-inch cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
- COMBINE caramels and milk in microwave-safe bowl. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power). Stir after 1 minute. Repeat until smooth (or melt on rangetop in small saucepan on very low heat).
- DROP rounded teaspoonfuls on top of each cookie. Place 3 pecan halves around edge of caramel.
- PLACE chocolate chips in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute; stir. Repeat until smooth (or melt on rangetop in small saucepan on very low heat).
- POUR melted chocolate into small food storage bag. Cut a small corner off the bag; drizzle a small amount of chocolate in the center of the cookie. Do not cover the pecans. Cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 85mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.