Carrot Cake Tart
Laura Majchrzak, Hunt Valley, MD, Bake-Off® Contest 45, 2012 Finalist
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 190 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted Butter, melted, cooled slightly
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 LAND O LAKES® Eggs
- 2/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals® Chopped Pecans
- 2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 12 whole Fisher® Praline Pecans
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s® caramel syrup
- 12 carrot curls* (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place large cookie sheet on middle oven rack. Unroll pie crust; place in ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press crust firmly against bottom and side of pan; trim edges.
- In large bowl, beat 1/4 cup melted butter, brown sugar and corn syrup with electric mixer on medium speed until blended; beat in eggs until blended. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; beat on low speed until blended. Stir in carrots, raisins and chopped pecans. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of crust-lined pan. Place tart on cookie sheet in oven.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until filling is set and deep golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour. Remove side of pan; place tart on serving plate.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons butter with electric mixer on high speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; beat on low speed until creamy. Frost cooled tart. Place praline pecans evenly around edge of tart. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- To serve, cut into 12 wedges. Drizzle each serving with 2 teaspoons caramel syrup; garnish each with carrot curl. Store covered in refrigerator.
- TIP *To make carrot curls, cut thin strips of peeled, medium-size carrots with a vegetable peeler. Roll each strip and fasten with a toothpick. Chill in ice water 2 to 3 hours. Remove toothpicks before garnishing.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc. / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission. / Fisher® is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. ©2012 / Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of tart), Calories 500 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 71g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 41g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.