Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium)
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray a tube pan or fluted tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Add milk, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Beat at low speed until blended, scraping bowl frequently. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in carrots, raisins and nuts. Spoon into prepared pan.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth and of desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 24g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.