Carrot Dinner Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 55 min
- Yield: 10 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Coat 10 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt.
- COMBINE milk, melted shortening, egg, sugar and carrots in blender. Process until carrots are very finely chopped, about 1 minute. Pour carrot mixture over dry ingredients. Mix just untill moistened. Fill 10 muffin cups 2/3 full.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- TIP Instead of using a blender, whisk milk, melted shortening, egg and sugar. Shred carrots, then stir into mixture.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 380mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.