Carrot Oatmeal Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- OR 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrots
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Pillsbury™ Easy Frost™ Velvety Cream Cheese Flavored No-Fuss Frosting (optional)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Beat brown sugar, shortening, sugar, eggs and cinnamon in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Stir in carrots. Combine flour, oats, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended. Stir in nuts and raisins with spoon. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown around edges and center is just set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- If frosting cookies, TWIST to remove decorating tip from frosting nozzle. Press nozzle to dispense a zig-zag stripe of frosting on top of each cookie. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.