Carrot Spice Cupcakes with Penuche Frosting
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- OR 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- BEAT cake mix, water, sour cream, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes. Fold in carrots, orange marmalade and pumpkin pie spice. Divide evenly in muffin cups.
- BAKE 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
- MELT butter in medium saucepan. Add brown sugar. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour into medium bowl. Cool 10 minutes. Beat powdered sugar gradually into mixture with electric mixer on medium speed. Add vanilla. Beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes as usual or dip tops of cupcakes into frosting.
- TIP If frosting gets too thick to dip the cupcakes in, microwave on HIGH 10 seconds. Stir. Repeat in 10 second intervals until thin enough to use.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.