- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 20 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cashews, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges. Coat foil lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- MELT shortening in large saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Add flour mixture, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cashews and butterscotch chips. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cashews evenly on top, pressing lightly into batter.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Remove by lifting foil from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 20 bars), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 20g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.