- Prep Time: 90 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 110 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Pillsbury® Funfetti® Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 5 drops neon pink food color*
- 5 drops neon purple food color
- 10 drops blue food color
- 10 drops green food color
- 2 containers Pillsbury® Funfetti® Hot Pink Vanilla Flavored Frosting, or any color Funfetti Happy Birthday frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs.
- PLACE 3/4 cup cake batter into each of 4 small bowls. Tint first bowl with 5 drops pink food color, second with 5 drops purple food color, third with 10 drops blue food color and fourth with 10 drops green food color. Do not tint remaining plain cake batter.
- SPOON 1 teaspoon green batter and 1 teaspoon pink batter into each baking cup. Top with 2 teaspoons plain batter, 1 teaspoon blue batter and 1 teaspoon purple batter. Swirl batters using a toothpick.
- BAKE 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE frosting in decorator bag fitted with a star decorating tip (1M). Starting at outside edge od cupcakes, pipe frosting in a circular pattern, moving toward the center, to create a swirl effect on top of each cupcake. Top with colored candy bits from frosting.
- For 1 color: PLACE 1-1/2 cups batter into small bowl. Tint batter with desired food color, doubling the amount of food color listed above. Divide remaining plain cake batter evenly into prepared baking cups. Top plain batter with 2 teaspoons of colored batter. Swirl batters using a toothpick.
- For 2 or 3 colors: PLACE 3/4 cup batter into 2 or 3 small bowls. Tint each batter with desired food color as directed. Divide remaining plain cake batter evenly into prepared baking cups. Top plain batter with 1 teaspoon of each colored batter. Swirl using a toothpick.
- TIP *Neon food color can be found in the baking aisle at your local grocery store.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1.5g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 43g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 34g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.