Chai Brownie Cupcakes with Creamy Froth
Chris Caston Jonesboro, ME Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010 Finalist
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- 10 tea bags spiced chai-flavored black tea
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (19.5 oz.) box Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3 EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen (thawed) extra-creamy whipped topping
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In 2-cup glass measuring cup, steep tea bags in boiling water 5 minutes. Using back of spoon, press tea bags against side of cup to make 3/4 cup tea. Discard tea bags. If necessary, add enough water so tea measures 3/4 cup.
- In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, eggs and tea with wooden spoon until well blended. Divide batter evenly among cups (cups will be almost full).
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat whipped topping and marshmallow creme on medium speed about 3 minutes or until fluffy. Refrigerate while cupcakes cool. Generously frost cupcakes with topping mixture; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 135mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 25g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.