Cheesy Chili Bread Bowls
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 70 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Garlic & Herb Artisan Bread Mix
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 3/4 cup hot water (110° to 120°F)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups prepared chili, warmed
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped green onion, for garnish
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat 15x10x1-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE bread mix, yeast packet and green chiles in large bowl. Add hot water. Stir until soft dough forms. Knead on lightly floured surface 50 times. Divide dough into 4 equal-sized balls. Place on prepared pan. Let rest 12 minutes.
- WHISK egg and cold water until blended. Brush on each bread. Bake for 19 to 21 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes. Cut crown off top of each bread. Hollow bread out leaving 1/2-inch thick wall to create bread bowl. Place on serving plate. Fill with 2 tablespoons cheese and chili. Garnish with an additional 2 tablespoons cheese, sour cream and green onion. Repeat with remaining bread bowls.
- TIP Bread bowls can also be filled with your favorite soups or dips.
- TIP FREEZING BREAD BOWLS: Cool bread completely. Do not hollow out bread. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place in large resealable plastic bag. Store in freezer 2 to 3 weeks. Thaw completely before using.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 700 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 105mg, Sodium 1770mg, Total Carbohydrate 78g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 13g), Protein 33g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 40%, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.