Cheesy Italian Oatmeal Pan Bread
- Prep Time: 90 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 18 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 5 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- OR Pillsbury BEST™ Unbleached All Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4 oz.) packages active dry yeast
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon minced oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- SPRAY 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan. Stir in rolled oats and butter. Cool to 100° to 110°F.
- COMBINE 1 1/2 cup flour, sugar, salt and yeast in large mixing bowl. Blend well. Add rolled oats mixture and egg. Blend at low speed of electric mixer until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, stir in 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 cups flour and cheese to form stiff dough.
- KNEAD in 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour, on a floured surface, until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Shape dough into ball. Cover with large bowl. Let rest 15 minutes.
- PUNCH down dough. Press into prepared pan. Using a very sharp knife, cut diagonal lines 1 1/2-inches apart, cutting completely through dough. Repeat in opposite direction, creating diamond pattern. Cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place (80 to 85°F) until light and doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Uncover dough. Redefine diamond pattern by cutting in an up and down motion through to the bottom of pan with a sharp knife. Combine Parmesan cheese, basil leaves, oregano leaves and garlic powder. Set aside.
- SPOON 2 tablespoons butter over cut dough. Bake 15 minutes. Brush remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over partially baked bread. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice of 18), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.