Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, well drained
- OR 1 fresh jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir together buttermilk, oil, eggs and chilies in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack. Remove muffins from pan. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.