Cheesy Jalapeño Monkey Bread
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury® Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water (120° to 130°F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup seeded, minced jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in water, butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Add jalapeño pepper and cilantro. Knead on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Whisk together melted butter and cumin in shallow bowl.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12-inch oven-proof skillet or 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 24 pieces. Shape into balls. Coat lightly with butter mixture and place in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in warm place for 20 to 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush tops with remaining butter. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cool 10 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 12 rolls), Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 8%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.