Cherry Almond Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 18 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- OR 6 tablespoons Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Sugar Free Cherry Preserves
- OR Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- OR 2 tablespoons Crisco® Light Tasting Olive Oil
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 8 x 8-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR together flour, brown sugar and salt until mixed. Add oil, water and almond extract. Combine with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat evenly in bottom of prepared pan.
- BAKE 15 minutes.
- SPREAD preserves evenly over warm crust. Mix almonds, brown sugar and oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top of preserves.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Cool completely. Lift out of pan using foil. Cut into 16 bars. Store in refrigerator.
- TIP For Strawberry Almond Bars, use Sugar Free Seedless Strawberry Jam or Low Sugar Strawberry Preserves instead of cherry.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 20mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.