Cherry Angel Cream Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury® Angel Food Premium Cake Mix, prepared according to package directions
- OR 1 (10 or 12 oz.) prepared round angel food cake, frozen for easy slicing
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (4 serving size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream, whipped
- 2 (21 oz.) cans cherry or peach pie filling
- CUT cake into 1/4-inch slices; arrange half the slices on bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, water and almond extract in large bowl; mix well. Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
- SPREAD half the cream mixture over cake slices; top evenly with one can pie filling. Top with remaining cake slices, then remaining cream mixture and then other can of pie filling.
- CHILL 4 hours or until set. Cut into squares to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.