Cherry Chocolate Chippies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 5 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup well-drained maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, shortening, vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg; beat well.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- DROP dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- COOL 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/60), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 30), Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 0.7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.