Cherry Coconut Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup quartered maraschino cherries, well drained
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- COMBINE sugar, shortening, egg, lemon peel, almond extract and salt; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix until blended.
- STIR in coconut, pecans and cherries by hand. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 11 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.