- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening and sugar in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Stir flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Add alternately with buttermilk to shortening mixture, mixing well. Fold in nuts and cherries. Turn into prepared pan.
- BAKE 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely. Top with glaze, if desired.
- PLACE powdered sugar and almond extract in small bowl. Stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled loaf.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 31g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.