Cherry Pie Pops
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 12 pops
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick well-chilled Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- OR 1/2 cup well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 to 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon decorator sugar
- BLEND flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture using pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- SPRINKLE 3 tablespoons ice water over flour mixture. Stir with fork. Add additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until dough holds together firmly when pressed into a ball. Flatten ball into round disk. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Cut dough into 24 (2 1/2-inch) circles using a round cookie cutter, rerolling dough scraps as necessary. Arrange 12 dough circles on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart. Place a 2-inch tip of lollipop stick on top of each circle, resting other end of stick on parchment paper. Place 24 cherries from pie filling in small bowl. Stir in almond extract. Spoon 2 cherries onto center of each dough circle. Brush edges with milk. Top with 12 remaining dough circles. Press edges with fork to seal. Brush with milk. Sprinkle with decorator sugar. Pierce tops with fork.
- BAKE 11 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on baking sheet before lifting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 64g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 36g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.