Cherry Rock and Roll Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury® Angel Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury® Creamy Supreme® Chocolate Fudge Flavored Frosting
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil, shaping so that foil around edges of pan stands upright, 2 inches high. (Foil will help prevent batter from running over during baking.) Coat foil lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- PREPARE cake batter according to package directions using water. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and surface appears dry.
- PLACE clean lint-free towel on work surface. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar. Loosen edges of hot cake; immediately invert onto prepared towel. Remove pan and foil. Starting at a long edge, roll up cake in towel; cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour.
- COMBINE cherry filling and almond extract in a small bowl. Carefully unroll cooled cake. Spoon cherry mixture evenly over cake; spread evenly. Re-roll cake loosely (do not roll towel into cake). Use towel to lift cake roll onto serving platter.
- WHISK whipped topping and frosting in medium bowl until smooth. Spoon on top of cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
- TIP High Altitude: Add 2 tablespoons flour to dry cake mix; increase water to 1 1/2 cups. Place 3 cups batter in 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; bake at 375°F. for 20 to 30 minutes. Reserve this cake for another use. Spread remaining batter in prepared 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan, as described above. Bake at 375°F. for 14 to 19 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.