Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped walnuts, divided
- 36 red or green maraschino cherries, drained, cut in half
- OR 36 red or green candied cherries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Mix cookie mix, butter and egg in large bowl until dough forms. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts. Shape into 3/4-inch balls. Roll in remaining chopped walnuts. Place on baking sheet. Press one cherry half into top of each cookie.
- BAKE 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- MICROWAVE frosting in small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag on HIGH 10 seconds to soften. Cut very small corner off bag. Drizzle over top of cookies. Let stand 15 minutes or until frosting is set.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 0 (Calories from Fat 0), Total Fat 0g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 0mg, Total Carbohydrate 0g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.