Chewy Cherry Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 16 Bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats, quick or old fashioned
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter and brown sugar in medium bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat in extract. Mix in flour, baking powder and oats until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1/2-cup for topping. Pat remaining crumbs into bottom of prepared pan.
- SPOON preserves evenly over crumb crust in pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 16), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.