Chewy Cherry Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 16 Bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats, quick or old fashioned
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter and brown sugar in medium bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat in extract. Mix in flour, baking powder and oats until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1/2-cup for topping. Pat remaining crumbs into bottom of prepared pan.
- SPOON preserves evenly over crumb crust in pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.