Chewy Molasses Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 16 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 9 x 9-inch pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- HEAT shortening and molasses to boiling in large saucepan, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar. Add egg. Beat until fluffy. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl. Stir into molasses mixture. Blend in nuts. Spread in prepared baking pan.
- BAKE 22 to 25 minutes. Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into 16 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.