Chewy Oatmeal Trail Mix Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 5 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups quick rolled oats
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup dry roasted sunflower seeds
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed until well blended. Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended.
- STIR in chocolate chips, raisins, nuts and sunflower seeds. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 35mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.