Chewy Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup Pillsbury™ Whipped Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat sugar, brown sugar, butter and 3/4 cup peanut butter in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; stir in rolled oats and coconut. Add to peanut butter mixture, beating on low speed until well blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- DROP by rounded tablespoonful, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown around edges. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT frosting and remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of frosting mixture into a ball, then flatten slightly into a disk. Place disk on the flat side of one cookie, top with the flat side of another cookie and press lightly to make sandwich cookie. Repeat with rest of cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 54), Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.