Chicken Breasts with Artichoke Cheese Stuffing
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 (6 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- POUND chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thick. Combine cheese, mayonnaise, onion, parsley and mustard in small bowl. Stir in artichoke pieces. Spread about 1/4 cup cheese mixture in center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure edges with wooden toothpicks.
- COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Mix egg and water in another shallow dish. Place bread crumbs on sheet of waxed paper. Dip rolled chicken in flour mixture, then in egg mixture, then in bread crumbs, pressing to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Place oil in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Place in oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Use tongs to roll coated chicken in hot oil. Arrange chicken in pan. Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 rolled chicken breast), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 620mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 35g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.