- Prep Time: 60 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 135 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, for deep frying
- POUND chicken breasts to 3/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt.
- COMBINE butter, parsley, lemon juice and garlic. Spread about 2 teaspoons down the center of each chicken breast. Fold in long sides and bring ends to center. Secure with toothpicks.
- PLACE flour and bread crumbs in separate flat dishes. Beat eggs in shallow bowl. Dip each prepared chicken breast first in flour, then eggs, and then crumbs. Place seam-side-down on a plate. Refrigerate 1 hour or until crumbs are set.
- HEAT a 1 1/2-inch layer of shortening to 365ºF in a deep saucepan or deep fryer. Fry chicken 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove with slotted spoon. Serve immediately with brown rice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 chicken breast), Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 155mg, Sodium 690mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 30g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.