- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 80 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast and/or thighs
- 1 cup diced cubanelle peppers
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (16 oz.) packages wide hearty egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- HEAT oil in large skillet on medium heat. Cook chicken until browned on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet.
- ADD pepper and onion to skillet, cooking until tender. Stir in garlic and paprika. Cook one minute more. Return chicken to skillet. Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from heat. Remove chicken from skillet.
- COMBINE sour cream and flour in small bowl; add 1/4 cup broth to mixture. Stir to blend. Gently stir into broth in skillet. Blend about 1 cup at a time in food processor or blender until smooth. Pour into small bowl. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- RETURN chicken and sour cream mixture to skillet. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over hot noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 860 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 250mg, Sodium 620mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 7g), Protein 66g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 45%, Vitamin C 170%, Calcium 10%, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.